Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Button enjoying qualifying improvement

Jenson Button was pleased to qualify in the top three for the Brazilian Grand Prix and said he was "just enjoying the moment" following recent failures.
Button had previously not qualified inside the top ten on his previous six attempts at Interlagos, only managing to line-up 13th on the grid last season as rain disrupted the session. His third place also saw him outqualify his team-mate Lewis Hamilton for the sixth time this season, and he said that he was looking forward to racing on a track he likes despite his recent qualifying record.
"I think we're all excited about tomorrow," Button said. "It's the last race of the year, you want to end on a high, but at the moment I'm just enjoying the moment. This is my best qualifying for the last six years, and ten places better I think than last year. So this is a good start to the weekend, and I always love racing here. It's such a good circuit for racing and really fighting, out of the last corner down in to turn one is very good for overtaking and obviously we have the DRS out of turn three."
Button actually admitted that he thought he'd done well enough for a spot on the front row when he completed his lap.
"My quick lap was pretty ragged. I was pretty aggressive on the throttle, which you have to be to be fast around here. That's not normally my style, but it was definitely quick and in fact I crossed the line thinking I'd be farther up the grid than I eventually was. But that was because the two guys in front of me did a great job too."
Button also said that even if he can't challenge the Red Bull's in the race it has been a good season for McLaren.
"Hopefully we can get these two [Vettel and Webber] tomorrow, but I think whatever happens it's been a great season for us but just not quite good enough. There are very few areas where we need to work on and as I said hopefully tomorrow we can end this reasonably good season off with a high."

ESPNF1

No comments:

Post a Comment