Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Perez psyched for favourite venue


Sergio Perez has won at Monza before © Getty Images
Enlarge
Sergio Perez is targeting a strong race weekend at a venue where he has experienced success in the past.
The Sauber driver rates Monza as one of his favourite venues, having won back-to-back races there in Formula 3 before progressing to GP2.
"I'm very much looking forward to the Italian Grand Prix," said Perez. "The track in Monza is one of my favourites. There I did what I regard as my best race weekend so far. It was in Formula 3 when I qualified 14th and won both races. In 2007 and 2008 I raced there in F3 and then also in GP2.

"The very long straights in Monza could be tough for us. I want to maintain a good rhythm with positive performances in qualifying and for the start. Then, of course, I want to finish the race and score points for the team. It is my aim to finish the European season on a high."
Team-mate Kamui Kobayashi, who was absolved of any blame in his high-profile crash with Lewis Hamilton at Spa, is also looking forward to the challenge of Monza.
"Monza will be challenging, we have to find the best possible set-up for the car and see how fast we can go on the long straights," added Kobayashi. "Last year we qualified 12th, which wasn't too bad, because we expected difficulties there. Hopefully the race this year can be better. Last year I didn't manage to do the race because I had a technical problem, and I retired on my first lap after starting from the pit lane. But this year I am quite confident of doing a good race. I like Monza. I have driven quite a lot there because I did Formula Renault Italia."

ESPNF1

No comments:

Post a Comment